Kiwiria

Shadow of Night
Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce
The Autobiography of Saint Therese of Lisieux: The Story of a Soul - I put this book on my to-read list after having heard and read Gretchen Rubin (of "The Happiness Project"-fame) rave about it in her book and on her blog. I was fascinated, and it was cheap, so I thought "Why not."It was an odd book to read though, because though I found it extremely difficult to relate to St. Therese, I was still touched by her simplicity - for want of better word. I don't mean that in a condescending way. She was honestly satisfied with loving Jesus and asked for nothing more than His love in return. I could definitely benefit from trying to imitate her there. On the other hand, the book was not very well written - written, as it were, by request from her Mother Superior - as it jumps from topic to topic, leaves threads hanging all over the place and skips over what I would have considered important elements of her life.It's very obviously the story of a soul, and not the story of a life. It's her autobiography as viewed from her way of thinking and of believing - not an account of how she lived. Since I expected the latter, I was disappointed. Had I known to expect the former, I think I would have been charmed.