Kiwiria

Shadow of Night
Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce
Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery I don't know how it's possible, but I keep forgetting from read to read just how much I LOVE this book! It's charming, it's touching, it's funny, it's poignant - it's everything I want in a book. I can't believe I haven't read it in 5 years! But I recently watched the first Sullivan Anne movie, was utterly charmed by it, and knew I was due for a reread of the series.I love how LMM allows the characters to grow. Mostly Anne, of course, but honestly I think it's even more apparent in Marilla, and it pleases me more with every reread. LMM really has a way with words, and there are so many favourite quotes in this book - sure, I know most of them by heart, but that just means it's like revisiting an old friend.I can't help but wonder if Anne and Diana would have been as good friends if Anne had had other options. Kindred Spirits though she might claim, they don't seem to have all that much in common. I know that it's absolutely necessary in a friendship, but it just got me thinking.