Kiwiria

Shadow of Night
Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce
The Atlantis Complex - Eoin Colfer I think it's about time that Eoin Colfer calls it quits on the Artemis Fowl series. Ever since book 4 (well... book 3 really, but I thought book 4 was HEAPS better than book 3) the series has been steadily declining, and there were just parts of this one that seemed decidedly disjointed. Granted, I read it while sick, so I won't deny that that might have had something to do with it as well.Unfortunately it was also really badly translated - or rather, it was as if the translator hadn't actually read the book. Part of the Atlantis Complex is that Artemis Fowl is obsessed with the number 5 (no, this isn't a spoiler, it becomes clear within the first very few pages) and even tries to speak in sentences of 5, 10, 15... words. Except in Danish, he doesn't! And when trying to translate back into English, it's obvious that this is something that got lost in translation (after all "the table" is two words and "bordet" just one). I realize this is one of the things that's a big challenge for the translator, but I still think it's a shame that they messed up on a detail that was so obvious to the reader.