Kiwiria

Shadow of Night
Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor - Lucy Christopher It's wrong to say that I "really liked" this book (which is the translation for 4 stars on goodreads), because I'm not entirely sure this is a book you like, but I couldn't put it down - that's for sure. The book is very emotionally draining, and I felt almost exhausted - again, emotionally - upon finishing it. It's so powerful and so captivating (no pun intended) that I think I will suffer from a slight book-hangover the next few days. In many ways it reminded me of [b:3,096 Days|9247128|3,096 Days|Natascha Kampusch|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327888768s/9247128.jpg|14127555] by Natascha Kampusch and [b:Room|7937843|Room|Emma Donoghue|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344265419s/7937843.jpg|9585076] by Emma Donoghue - even though one is non-fiction and the other fiction. The emotion it leaves behind is the same.At some point near the end, I really couldn't see how it could end in any satisfactory manner, and feared the worst. But Lucy Christopher managed beautifully, and though I would have liked for it to continue a while longer, it really couldn't have ended in any other way.It did make me long for the Australian outback though - and I think that's in part what the author intended.Most thought-provoking and troubling book I've read all year... although not troubling in a bad way, even though I know that makes no sense.