Kiwiria

Shadow of Night
Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce
The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society - Darien Gee "The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society" is a must for any lovers of Kate Jacobs, Debbie Macomber or Gil McNeil. It is the story of small-town Avalon, where Bettie - scrapbooker extraordinaire - won't let strangers be strangers for long.The book follows a group of women in Avalon. Though not friends at first - in fact, the group includes a widow and the woman her deceased-before-they-could-get-a-divorce husband left her for - through the sharing of their trials and successes, they learn the strength of friendships.We meet Connie who finally dares to love again when she finds a runaway goat, Frances and Reed who are trying to adopt a girl from China, Ava who's trying to scrape a living together to provide for Max after Bill died, Isabel who's trying to figure out how to live again after Bill first left her and then died before the divorce was even final, Yvonne, the happy-go-lucky plumber who's a newcomer to Avalon and couldn't care less about trying to fit into the society's standards for her.And through it all there's Bettie. Annoying, meddling, interfering Bettie who knows better than anybody else what they should do with their lives... and unfortunately often turns out to be right."The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society" is a wonderfully cozy book. It takes place in the same community as Darien Gee's "Friendship Bread" and features many of the same characters, but is a completely stand-alone book and can easily be read on its own. I grew to love the characters, and was almost sad to see it end, because I wanted to see what happened next - what life had in store for them after the final pages of the book.It's the perfect comfort book, and you don't even have to be a scrapbooker to enjoy it - I'm not and I did :)