Kiwiria

Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen - Lucy Knisley This book should come with a disclaimer: Warning! Will make you HUNGRY! ... and not just plain ole hungry that any apple or biscuit could satisfy. No, hungry for good, high-quality food. Alas all I had available was a bottle of water :-/ So perhaps the disclaimer should be extended to say Make sure you have a snack readily available while reading.I had not realized that "Relish: My Life in the Kitchen" was a graphic novel when I received it. Actually, I'm rather glad I hadn't, because I think that would have given me preconceived ideas of what the book was like - and they would have been wrong. I only discovered because the book was too big for my iPad to handle smoothly (it took awhile to turn pages), but fortunately my laptop handled it just fine, so I just switched to that instead :)"Relish" is the story of Lucy Knisley's upbringing as the daughter of two foodies and an aspiring foodie herself. Each chapter describes a part of her life as it is connected to a food experience of some sort, and usually ends with a recipe for just that food. Several of which I absolutely have to try out now!The media worked really well for this kind of book. I was a bit apprehensive about the "comic book style" at first (as shown by my 'preconceived ideas'), but it actually really worked! I loved the drawings and the writing style. It is definitely a book I'd like as a "real" book rather than as an ebook, as I think it's even more suited for the paper format.Lucy's love for cooking and good food is apparent in every anecdotes she shares with the reader, and it turns this book into a delightfully charming and witty read. I highly recommend it.