Kiwiria

Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce

Language of Flowers

The Language of Flowers - Vanessa Diffenbaugh I can't remember where I first came across this book, but I had already added it to my to-read list, so when my sister sent me an unprompted recommendation that I read it, I bumped it up to the very top. I'm glad I did, as it did not disappoint.It's a fascinating book that is at once heartbreaking and optimistic. Because of the changes in time, you know something awful is going to happen to the main character, but you also know that she's going to come out on the other side. What mostly worried me was what would happen next as at one point it looked like it would go really, really bad. At that point I was glad to have my sister's recommendation, as I knew she wouldn't let me down and recommend a book with a depressing ending.As it was, I think it ended the only way it could end, and I actually breathed a small sigh of relief when I reached the last page, because I knew the author couldn't break my heart any further, but would let things look up for the main characters.It's a book about friendship, love (romantic and platonic both) and going against the odds. A quick and engaging read.