Kiwiria

Deborah Harkness
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Rachel Joyce

The Host: A Novel

The Host - Stephenie Meyer I 'read' this book as an audiobook, which turned out to be a mistake. One should never listen to an un-put-downable book, as it's so much more difficult (and slower!) to sneak chapters at opportune moments. I wasn't much more than half way, before I went to order it off Amazon, as I knew I had to own the print version.I hadn't read any reviews, blurbs or anything about the book, so all I knew was that it was a love triangle between a man, a woman and an alien. To show you how little I knew, I thought the alien was male! I was soon corrected. At first I was amazed at how much the plot seemed like that of the Animorphs series, until I realized the aliens here are pacifists, not cruel monsters.The book starts out very confusingly as you're dropped right into the action, but once you make sense of what's going on, it grabs you, and if you're anything like me, you'll find yourself totally sucked in and unable to leave it. I was very pleasantly surprised and loved it.Reread 2012: Reread it as an "ordinary" book this time. I still love it. Extremely well written and impossible to put down. So very different from the Twilight series.